EXTERNAL VET (EVET) STUDENTS
While many students enrol full-time at Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College, some courses are also offered on one block session per week (usually in the afternoon) so that students from other schools can attend part-time as external students. The timetable of classes being held in 2018 is shown here.
Calendars for 2018 EVET classes can be found here.
The following EVET courses are being offered in 2018. Most courses are 240 hour courses and run over 2 years.
- Beauty Services (Make-Up) (360 hours over 2 years)
- Construction (Pathways)
- Early Childhood Education and Care (360 hours over 2 years)
- Events (Tourism, Travel and Events)
- Furniture Making (180 hours in 1 year)
- Hairdressing (180 hours in 1 year)
- Human Services (Individual Support/Health Services Assistance)
- Information and Digital Technology
- Music Industry
- Property Services (Agency)
- Sport Coaching
In some cases students can also undertake specialisation courses related to courses at their own school or in addition to an existing EVET course, enabling them to either extend their competency or even complete the full Certificate III qualification in that course. Generally these courses are an additional 120 hours, usually in one year.
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Hospitality (Catering Operations)
- Human Services (Health Services Assistance)
- Information and Digital Technology (180 hours)
Interested students should visit the Sydney Catholic Schools Vocational Education website to learn more about specific courses, you can also view more information about the VET Courses available in 2018 here
Students who wish to attend these courses in 2018 will be required to complete an Application for an EVET Course form to secure their place.
More information was provided to interested parents and students at an Information Evening held on 6 September 2017 at the College, here is a link to the presentation from the event.
All students were inducted into the College during the first week of classes. A summary of this presentation can be viewed here.
As well as the VET Courses offered here at the college to students from other schools, SCCVC students have the option of undertaking EVET study in courses offered by TAFE NSW and other providers.
The following links provide further information on this option of study: